About the CRMC
The mission of the Columbus Regional Mathematics Collaborative is to enhance the mathematics education of P-16 students through the development of teacher leaders, beginning with initial preparation and continuing through their professional teaching careers.
- Enhance the preparation of prospective mathematics teachers at CSU.
- Develop teacher leaders using the most current mathematics education research and best practices for classroom instruction.
- Foster the teaching and learning of meaningful mathematics for all students, grades P-16.
- Facilitate collaboration between the University and local education agencies, colleges within the University, and the community.
PROJECTS funded for the FY 2017-2018 school year through the IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAM administered by the University of Georgia are:
Making Meaning of Representations - For Elementary Teachers
Linking Multiple Representations- For Middle Grades Teachers
Connecting Mathematical Representations - For High School Teachers
Past Projects funded through the IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAM administered by the University of Georgia are:
- Elementary School - Developing Algebraic Thinking in the Elementary Grades
- Middle School - Developing Algebra Readiness
- High School - Developing Conceptual Understanding of High School Mathematics
- Elementary School - Enhancing Mathematical Teaching Practices in Number & Operations
- Middle School - Developing Mathematical Literacy
- High School - Functions & Modeling for the CCGPS